It’s important to us that our customers & audience know exactly who they’re working with. Whilst we may sit behind computers for most of the day protecting your ads against fraud, we think it’s always nice to put a face to a name.
Without further ado, meet Macauley, our new senior designer here at PPC Protect.
- What is your name?:
2. One quote that defines you as a person:
“Take up every opportunity presented to you”
3. Your favourite picture of you:
4. How long have you been with PPC Protect, and what do you do here?
I have been here a grand total of 90 minutes so far! I am the Senior Digital Designer for PPC Protect so I’ll be working on creating digital brochures, sales decks and brand work for the business.
5. How did you come to work at PPC Protect?
Because of a redundancy due to the effects of COVID at the end of last year, I was in a position where I needed to look for my next challenge and came across the vacancy at PPC Protect, a local start-up business that I knew I wanted to be a part of!
6. What is your favourite thing about working at PPC Protect?
As I haven’t been here that long yet it’s hard to say however, I’ve been blown away with the friendliness of the team even despite everyone working remotely.
7. What do you do in your average day at PPC Protect?
At the moment, I have been familiarising myself with the team and everyones roles but I will be working alongside the sales team converting their briefs into well-designed, cohesive digital documents.
8. What educational background do you have?
I graduated from the University of Salford in 2018 with a First Class BA Hons in Graphic Design.
9. What work did you do before starting at PPC Protect?
Before starting at PPC Protect, I worked for Travel & Leisure, Property & Retail businesses as a designer mostly focussing on campaign and branding design.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
I’d like to say that I will have developed and progressed my career with PPC Protect, still within the Design / Marketing team.
11. What do you want to achieve at PPC Protect?
My goals for working here are to create impactful design work that leaves lasting, positive impressions as well as being part of the evolution of the brand as the business continues to grow.
12. What advice do you have for prospective candidates applying to PPC Protect?
I would say that the most important thing you can do is to show your true personality when applying, take pride in any task you’re given and don’t be afraid to just go that extra mile.
13. Describe your working culture in three words?
Ambitious, Structured, Focussed
14. One random fact about you?
I competed in gymnastics & trampolining from 4–12 years old.
15. What’s the best holiday you’ve ever been on?
I’d have to say travelling around to different cities in Morocco with my friend; one of the most authentic trips I’ve had so far in my life.
16. How do you define success?
I’d define success through happiness. As long as you’re happy, you will inject all your energy and enthusiasm in to the job you’re doing and this will transpire into your colleagues.
17. What is one thing you can’t live without?
I feel like Lockdown 1, 2 AND 3 has made this question a lot easier to answer as I live on my own so I would say my family/friends.
18. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Hmm, I’ll give Macaulay Culkin some work, keep it in the name.
19. Recommend something to do round where you live?
Definitely the canal walks! (It’s pretty much all I’ve been able to do for the last 10 months).
20. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I’d love to learn to speak more languages — I think it gives you a deeper appreciation for your own language as well as the opportunity to understanding and communicate with a wider range of people.
If you’re interested in a career with one of the UK’s most exciting tech startups then head on over to our careers page here where we have a selection of roles available.